Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Movie Night

So we had an English Club movie night. It was our first one and we had 8 students come. We showed the movie on the projector at Del's apartment and had lots of snacks. It was a good night.

We showed Shawshank Redemption in english and then we had a discussion about the movie afterwards. We discussed the theme of the movie, reviewed any words that the students didn't understand, and went over the meaning of the word redemption. The meanings given for redemption by the students were "its when you are forgiven for the bad things you have done" and "its like what Jesus did for us". Pretty good answers I think!




Del settin up the movie


I told you we had snacks!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my sis, it's dyl dude. this is actually the first time that I've ever gotten on to your blog. Kinda weird huh. you would think that with you so far away I would want to know everything that is going on at all times. Well that's why we have mom. HAHAHAHAHAHA just kidding. I'm glad that you are having fun and I'm glad your movie night went well. it looks like it was alot of fun. But I hope to talk to you soon. I'll email you or just call you about the game on friday and let you know how it goes. Love ya. talk to you soon. :)

The Kilcoynes said...

Thanks for posting the photos! I feel like I was there!