Sunday, February 24, 2008

Note to Self!

Self, there are a few things that you should remember as you continue your time in France. They are as follows....


-Note: Only take one carry-on when boarding a European airplane.

-2nd note: People don't really like being hit up side the head with your guitar case

-Note: Notre dame de la Garde is only kind of cool the first time you go.

-2nd note: It is not any cooler the second time you go.

-Note: Don't make a lot of noise in our apartment cause then man below us....who has lived here for 60 years...said he would kill us!


-2nd note: I think he was joking!


-Note: Getting a bank account requires a minimum of 5 visits to the bank.

-Note: You will feel like an idiot sometimes as you are trying to speak your own language...a cross between French and English!

-Note: European cars....much like American cars....will continually die when starting in 3rd gear.

-2nd note: If you smell burning....let someone else try!

-Note: Young french girls WILL scream when a vehicle lurches in their direction.

-Note: The sticker found on the drip pan in your oven should be removed before turning on the oven because it will burn and release toxic fumes.

-2nd note: You should also remove the clear blue plastic film covering the pan.

-Note: That cat that you see running across the road in front of your door is not actually a cat, it is in fact a Rat!

-2nd note: Del does not think that Benny is a very good rat name.

-Note: Simply introduce yourself as "Courtney....like Courtney Cox!" And everyone will know how to say your name

-Note: Learn how to say "Leave me alone." in French, that way, if a drunk, homeless man ever picks you out of your whole group and grabs you around the shoulders from behind again...you know what to say!

-2nd note: I hear a punch is the international symbol for "Leave me alone"!

12 comments:

LISA said...

you make me laugh, and I bought your birthday card today. It is HILARIOUS and i just might send it 6-7 months early we'll see. love ya

Theresa said...

Hi Girl, Miss you and I got so homesick seeing that brat and knowing you bought it right off the street. Love the photos and seeing your smile. Be careful and don't get too comfortable. God Bless and you are in my prayers.
Love ya,
Theresa

Anonymous said...

Well, grand daughter, sounds like you are totally immersed (like baptized) into the French culture. Hmmmm.... let me suggest another symbol for "leave me alone..." A simple kick to .... welll.... all men would understand this.
Love you and miss you. Keep writing.

Anonymous said...

When in Germany, trying to speak the language of the Fatherland, it really came out as a mix of German and Spanish, which to me makes absolutely no sense but I couldn't stop the "Spanman" flow out of my mouth. You're doing a LOT better than I did! -Kate

Anonymous said...

Just remember:

Laissez-moi tranquille!!


~Tiff

Anonymous said...

Courtney, we are sitting here crying from laughing so hard. We love you and are so excited to see you on this amazing journey God has given you. We're constantly praying and sending blessings your way. BTW.. Tristan has decided to marry Miley Cyrus since you are so far away... but we love you anyway! :)

Sheli, Kevin, Tristan and Holli ;)

paul and mackenzie said...

how funny! I had to stifle my laughs because Paul is still asleep. Are you as amazed as I am about where you live?? MacKenzie

Anonymous said...

oh behave!
Miss ya girl!
Aunt Sandy

Anonymous said...

Thaose notes are HILARIOUS! I especialy (is that how you spell it?) liked the :-2nd note: People don't really like being hit up side the head with your guitar case note. Rock on, Courtney!
Love in Christ,
Elizabeth (Remember me? Pastor John's kid?)

Jolene said...

lol that's great. I can't believe you saw a rat that big I saw a grasshoper here in Costa rica that was as long as my hand but that's not near as gross

Sherry said...

haha, isn't overseas life fun? Good luck with the stick shift driving!

Curtis said...

Hey Court!! You're post was absolutely classic! It made me laugh. It sounds like you're really starting to get that French stuck in your head. You know it's coming along when you start speaking Franglais all the time. lol Good luck over there bud! Miss ya!

-Curtis