Saturday, February 23, 2008

Pictures you say?

So, many of you have requested pictures...well, here they are. I had some complications with my computer, but everything is okay now and I can post them! Some are from my layover in frankfurt when I decided to take a walk around the city and the rest are from my adventures around Marseille! I'm posting quite a few so....Enjoy!


The city of Frankfurt



Modern Art (it was right next to some really old statues!)




The Frankfurt Opera house




An Organ Grinder (they exist)




A Bratwurst! (I mean, can you go to Germany and not eat one?)


My first night in Marseille, this is what my room looked like! A few days later this matress went into a bed.



Marseille Streets (During the mornings where will be an open air market on this stretch of sidewalk)


Castellane, This is the round point right by our house


Veiux Port (Old Port)


Look at the blue



Katie looking contemplative


Castellane


Parc Borley (People spend time with their families here in the evenings and weekends)

Kids playing in Parc Borley


Ladies and Gentleman....The Meditteranian!


Well its Katie Again!
La Prefecture at night
This was one night when we decided to go out and get some food...And ended up going to Buffalo Grille (sound America? it was!)
I'll post some more of our apartment at a later date so you can see actually where we live! I love you all and thankyou so much for your prayers!

3 comments:

LISA said...

COURTNEY RUTH HAIL.... I miss you and you look gorgeous. How's the language coming along?

Brian & Heather Zebarth said...

Great pictures! It's gorgeous there!! Looks like you and Katie are doing really good! We can't wait to see you Belgium someday. By the way, we got our tickets for this Thursday at 8:25AM and we arrive in Brussels at 7:15AM on Friday, which will feel like 11PM in Denver time. Then we have to try to stay up most of the day to acclimate to Belgium time. That should be interesting to say the least with three little ones! I hope we can find a Buffalo grille that sounds really good!! Are things as expensive as everyone says? More details as you have time to type them. Love you. Heather Z

Anonymous said...

Hello Courtney,
Your pictures are wonderful! So much history and now a hopeful future for the many who will hear what you all are there to share. \o/
The blues of the sea there look amazing! I hope there is a coffee shop right near the shore so you can really enjoy it as you study & "work". love you & keeping you all close in prayer. IL