Monday, April 7, 2008

Almost Forgot...

So officially I have missed my deadline for the blog considering it is 1:28 here in France, however, I figure that most of you who read this blog are in America, so is still Monday for you! :-) So here goes...

I did promise to tell you about the childrens english class. Myself and 2 other ladies on our team get the great opportunity to go to an elementary school in the area every tuesday night to teach an English class for 3-5 year old kids!! The class is an hour long after school from 4:30-5:30.

A little background info...School in France starts at the age of 3 for kids! And school doesn't end until approximately 4! I'm not sure what time it starts!

So we get these kids after a full day of school and right at snack time (French: goute).

During our class we do several activities, read books, color pictures, watch short films, play games, and sing songs...all in English. The kids are very quick and understand several things we say....now wether or not they choose to follow what they hear is another story :-D! One of their favorite songs is Head and Shoulders, Knees, and Toes! They really are very cute, however, think about these things we are up against...end of the day...energy to burn....listening to some lady speak English when they don't understand...that makes for a lot of reasons these kids should get distracted! Some days are very hard, while other days are relatively calm....Relatively! :-) Last week in our class we had Spiderman, a Three Muskateer, 5 princesses, a fairy, and few other unknowns!, they came to us after a festival at school where they all wore costumes! They were pretty cute!!
Pray that God would give my teammembers who are doing this with
me a chance to talk to some of the other moms. They are moms themselves and
this is a GREAT way to build relationships with some of the other moms.
For me, it just gives me a chance to hang with some kids for an hour and love them in jesus name! :-P

Pray that God would help us to be patient with these children, and that
even at such a young age, they would see the difference in us and then ask their
parents or us what that is!


Well times up! Next time I think try a little more of a spiritual update as far as our team and myself are concerned! Thanks for your faithfulness to pray.

2 comments:

LISA said...

Sounds awesome, Miss you, and I hope we can talk soon. I'm off for 4 days after Wednesday.

Love ya

The Kilcoynes said...

And, now it is over. **sniff**