Monday, September 14, 2009

Day 2-San Marine to Astorga- 24.7 km

Today was MUCH harder! Probably because it was day 2. There were a few more hills. Yesterday we went 27km and today we went 21. But the hike seemed more challenging. There was also no cloud cover today, where yesterday it was partly cloudy most of the day. We started at 8:30AM and arrived at Astorga at 3PM! We snacked on the way, but there was no good place to stop for lunch. Surprisingly, I was not hungry when we arrived. We ate pizza and pasta at 3:30 in one of the plazas after finding a room. We went to San Javier first, but when I told him 18 people, he said “no, no” however, other people were given rooms after us. So we think if we had gone in small groups we would have gotten a room. Oh well. We back tracked to the entrance of the town and there we got a room. We are all staying in a large dorm style room. The name is Siervas de Maria.

I think in the future for dinner we need to not eat at a restraunt right when we enter a town, but instead, wait til dinner time, buy stuff at a market, and make dinner. There are several people here cooking and eating together, but we have already eaten. As I said before, we aren’t meeting a lot of people along the trail, but in the auberges. Myriam and her group is in our auberge, so I got to talk to them again while they cooked.

Still no revelations as to what I’m supposed to do in 2 months. But every day I am away from Marseille ,it gets easier to see myself moving. I need to release myself to His will. Even if its not my preference.

Several people are having REAL problems with their feet. All of us are sore in one way or another, but Alice and Suzanne have HUGE blisters on their feet. This auberge has a foot doctor so I know Suzanne is going to see them and she might end up staying a few days to rest.

Also, we had 4 people join us today. They met us at the castle which was a great meeting place. Tomorrow we only have 20km to walk but I m afraid that some people have already decided NOT to do the 32 km the next day. Its going to be hard and I will do it, but I’m not sure everyone wants to.

Prayer:

  • Feet and muscles
  • Unity
  • Divine appointments
  • Wisdom in intentionality
  • Leadership for future
  • Morale boost

No comments: